News & Updates
Please select a year to view Gaedeke Group news & press.
Sneak peek at how Plano’s Legacy West will look in a few years
October 2, 2015
Steve Brown/Real Estate Editor
An architect’s rendering shows what Plano’s Legacy West will look like in a few years. Toyota’s new headquarters is at the top left. Liberty Mutual Insurance’s offices and high-rise residential buildings are at the top right. The 35-acre Legacy West urban village is in the center of the photo along the tollway. (Karahan Cos.)
Only about 20 months have passed since developers announced plans for the $2 billion Legacy West project in Plano.
Often when these mega real estate deals are unveiled, it’s years and years before there’s much to show for the plans.
But less than two years after developers bought 250 acres on Legacy Drive at the Dallas North Tollway for the project, more than a billion dollars of construction is already underway.
Office campuses for Toyota Motor and Liberty Mutual Insurance are being built. FedEx Office is moving into its new worldwide headquarters in Legacy West
And construction is underway on the Legacy West urban village, a 35-acre complex along the west side of the tollway that includes 784 luxury apartments, 280,000 square feet of retail, 260,000 square feet of office space and a 300-room Renaissance Hotel.
Gaedeke Group LLC is also building its One Legacy West office tower – a 14-story 327,856-square foot building – at Legacy Drive and State Highway 121.
Starting construction next year will be a 30-story condominium tower and a 30-story apartment high-rise next door to Liberty Mutual’s two 19-story office towers.
“This is just unbelievable what’s being built,” said developer Fehmi Karahan, one of the partners in Legacy West with Columbus Realty, KDC and J.C. Penney. “In two years when you look at what we’ve built you’ll say, wow!”
Actually you don’t have to wait that long.
Karahan has had an architectural rendering that shows all of the Legacy West development and it will look upon completion.
- Current Office Development = Drop in the Bucket
- Gaedeke Rechristens Espirito Santo
- Gaedeke Holdings XII Rechristens Miami Landmark To Brickell Arch – The Gateway to the Americas
- Sneak peek at how Plano’s Legacy West will look in a few years
- Trophy Office Goes to Dallas Buyer
- Gaedeke Acquires Espirito Santo Plaza In Miami's Financial District
- City of Plano - One Legacy West Groundbreaking Video
- Gaedeke Celebrates One Legacy West Groundbreaking
- Plano breaks ground on One Legacy West high rise
- Officials Announce Plano Office Building Construction
- Groundbreaking this morning for Legacy West office tower
- Gaedeke Group readies to break ground on Legacy West office tower
- Gaedeke Group Unveils Design for 327,856 SF One Legacy West in Metro Dallas
- Gaedeke Group unveils One Legacy West plans
- Gaedeke Group ready to break ground on West Plano office tower
- Dallas' Gaedeke Group to start new office building near Toyota's campus
- Gaedeke Group Plans Office Tower in Legacy West
- Plano’s $2 billion Legacy West project gets another player with office tower plans
- Stearns Weaver Signs Bigger 10-Year Lease in Miami
- Stearns Weaver Miller expands Miami office to 110,000 SF
- Gaedeke Gets Green