News & Updates
Please select a year to view Gaedeke Group news & press.
Plano breaks ground on One Legacy West high rise
July 8, 2015by Jenny Doren, WFAA
PLANO – Thousands of folks on the job hunt will soon hear, "You're hired."
It's all thanks to major groundbreakings taking place in an area dubbed Legacy West.
On Tuesday, the Plano mayor and city council members dug up dirt on an 11-acre tract that will soon house One Legacy West. They were joined alongside Gaedeke Group LLC.
The open land will soon give way to a 14-story, 327,856-square-foot high rise right off the Sam Rayburn Tollway and Legacy Drive.
Plano Mayor Harry Larosiliere says this development sets the stage for big business.
"I've renamed this area the center of the universe," Larosiliere said on the site of an area that promises major growth for Collin County. "From the windows of this building, the neighbors will be Toyota, Frito Lay, FedEx and JCPenney, and if you look in the horizon, you'll see Liberty Mutual and certainly more to come."
Mayor Larosiliere said the spike in new companies moving into Plano will help the county generate more cash."It continues our economic development efforts," he said. "It's 330,000 square feet, so opportunities to bring more globally-based companies here in Plano, Texas.
"Toyota should be bringing with it 4,000 jobs. FedEx is looking at bringing on board 1,200 employees.
One Legacy West and its six-level parking garage are slated to open in late 2016.
The development plan for Legacy West will include much more than office space. Shops, restaurants, and apartments are also in the mix.
- Current Office Development = Drop in the Bucket
- Gaedeke Rechristens Espirito Santo
- Gaedeke Holdings XII Rechristens Miami Landmark To Brickell Arch – The Gateway to the Americas
- Sneak peek at how Plano’s Legacy West will look in a few years
- Trophy Office Goes to Dallas Buyer
- Gaedeke Acquires Espirito Santo Plaza In Miami's Financial District
- City of Plano - One Legacy West Groundbreaking Video
- Gaedeke Celebrates One Legacy West Groundbreaking
- Officials Announce Plano Office Building Construction
- Plano breaks ground on One Legacy West high rise
- Groundbreaking this morning for Legacy West office tower
- Gaedeke Group readies to break ground on Legacy West office tower
- Gaedeke Group Unveils Design for 327,856 SF One Legacy West in Metro Dallas
- Gaedeke Group unveils One Legacy West plans
- Dallas' Gaedeke Group to start new office building near Toyota's campus
- Gaedeke Group ready to break ground on West Plano office tower
- Gaedeke Group Plans Office Tower in Legacy West
- Plano’s $2 billion Legacy West project gets another player with office tower plans
- Stearns Weaver Signs Bigger 10-Year Lease in Miami
- Stearns Weaver Miller expands Miami office to 110,000 SF
- Gaedeke Gets Green