News & Updates
Please select a year to view Gaedeke Group news & press.
Gaedeke Celebrates One Legacy West Groundbreaking
July 9, 2015
Gaedeke Group LLC has kicked off construction on the 327,856-sf One Legacy West, a speculative five-star office building beside the future headquarters campuses of Toyota Motor North American and FedEx Office & Print Services Inc.
"We are very excited to break ground on One Legacy West, the first building of our 650,000-sf class AA office project. We put a lot of effort into designing this building for the 21st century and can't imagine a better location than in the progressive city of Plano," said Sabine Gaedeke Stener, CEO of the Dallas-based investment group. "I'd like to thank Fehmi Karahan for giving us the opportunity to be part of this exciting development."
The 11-acre development site is located at the southeast corner of Sam Rayburn Tollway and Legacy Drive in the $2 billion Legacy West, a 240-acre urban mixed-use development by Karahan Cos., KDC and Columbus Realty Partners. One Legacy West and its attached six-level parking structure will be ready to occupy in fourth quarter 2016.
"Quality buildings like this allows Plano to attract world-class companies. I'm excited about this project and what it means," Plano Mayor Harry LaRosiliere told the crowd at the kick-off ceremony. "I like to call that intersection the center of the universe, with Toyota, Frito-Lay, JCPenney and FedEx. The exceptional service and quality of Gaedeke Group is what Plano is all about and this building will be a new landmark for the city."
Designed for LEED Gold certification, the 14-story One Legacy West embodies Gaedeke's sustainability principles and commitment to innovative tenant amenities and customer service. The project will be the first multi-tenant office space to deliver in Legacy West.
The best-in-class design features a 25-foot white marble grand lobby, Destination Dispatch elevators and floor plates with more than 25,000 rsf, 15-foot slab-to-slab ceiling heights and floor-to-ceiling glass. Tenant amenities will include hoteling stations, an outdoor terrace with see-through fireplaces and collaborative seating areas, an indoor tenant lounge/game area dubbed "Off the Grid," Wi-Fi in common areas, conference center, fitness center and electric car charging stations.
One Legacy West was designed by Mark Dilworth, principal of Dallas-based Morrison Dilworth + Walls. Austin Commercial is the general contractor and Andres Construction, the construction manager.
Image 1: (L-R) Dan Yates, Gaedeke regional manager and green program officer; Anthony Reynolds, Gaedeke design and construction manager; Belinda Dabliz, Gaedeke vice president of leasing; Plano Mayor Harry LaRosiliere; Sabine Gaedeke Stener, Gaedeke CEO; Glenn Lickstein, Gaedeke president; and Mark Dilworth, principal of Morrison Dilworth + Walls.
Image 2: (L-R) Elaine Hamm, Plano economic development director of business retention/expansion; Belinda Dabliz, Gaedeke vice president of leasing; Lissa Smith, Plano mayor pro tempore; Mayor Harry LaRosiliere; Sabine Gaedeke Stener, Gaedeke CEO; Sally Bane, economic development director; and Glenn Lickstein, Gaedeke president.
- Current Office Development = Drop in the Bucket
- Gaedeke Rechristens Espirito Santo
- Gaedeke Holdings XII Rechristens Miami Landmark To Brickell Arch – The Gateway to the Americas
- Sneak peek at how Plano’s Legacy West will look in a few years
- Trophy Office Goes to Dallas Buyer
- Gaedeke Acquires Espirito Santo Plaza In Miami's Financial District
- City of Plano - One Legacy West Groundbreaking Video
- Gaedeke Celebrates One Legacy West Groundbreaking
- Plano breaks ground on One Legacy West high rise
- Officials Announce Plano Office Building Construction
- Groundbreaking this morning for Legacy West office tower
- Gaedeke Group readies to break ground on Legacy West office tower
- Gaedeke Group Unveils Design for 327,856 SF One Legacy West in Metro Dallas
- Gaedeke Group unveils One Legacy West plans
- Dallas' Gaedeke Group to start new office building near Toyota's campus
- Gaedeke Group ready to break ground on West Plano office tower
- Gaedeke Group Plans Office Tower in Legacy West
- Plano’s $2 billion Legacy West project gets another player with office tower plans
- Stearns Weaver Signs Bigger 10-Year Lease in Miami
- Stearns Weaver Miller expands Miami office to 110,000 SF
- Gaedeke Gets Green