News & Updates
Please select a year to view Gaedeke Group news & press.
Dallas' Gaedeke Group to start new office building near Toyota's campus
May 26, 2015Candace Carlisle
Dallas Business Journal
Dallas-based Gaedeke Group has unveiled the design of its new 14-story office building — the first of two buildings — on its tract near Toyota's new North American campus.
The buildings already have garnered a lot of tenant interests from companies wanting to locate near the Japanese automaker, Belinda Dabliz, the firm's vice president of leasing, told the Dallas Business Journal in an exclusive interview in April.
“The Toyota effect has had a significant and positive impact on this entire area, which will continue to grow and blossom,” Dabliz told me. “We are already seeing a lot of tenant interest.”
The initial 14-story, 327,865-square-foot office tower, named One Legacy West, will sit on the 11-acre site at the southeast corner of the Sam Rayburn Tollway and Legacy Drive in West Plano.
This building is the first multi-tenant building to get underway at the $2 billion Legacy West development, a 240-acre tract west of the Dallas North Tollway on Legacy Drive meant to be a corporate magnet.
The Legacy West project already has attracted Toyota North America, Liberty Mutual Insurance and FedEx Office.
Plans for One Legacy West include a six-story parking garage, a 25-foot white marble grand lobby, guest work stations, an outdoor terrace with fireplaces and seating areas, a tenant lounge and game area, conference center, fitness center, secure bike storage, and electric car charging stations.
Morrison Dilworth + Walls of Dallas is the building's architect. Austin Commercial is the project general contractor, with Andres Construction leading the construction management.
The Lauck Group is the design team working on the interiors of the building. Bella Firma is the landscape architect for the project.
The Gaedeke Group bought the 11 acres of land in February in an off-market deal to accommodate the tenant interest to locate near the incoming large corporate tenants.
The developer plans to break ground on its first building by this summer, with construction scheduled for completion by the end of 2016.
- Gaedeke Gets Green
- Current Office Development = Drop in the Bucket
- Gaedeke Rechristens Espirito Santo
- Gaedeke Holdings XII Rechristens Miami Landmark To Brickell Arch – The Gateway to the Americas
- Sneak peek at how Plano’s Legacy West will look in a few years
- Trophy Office Goes to Dallas Buyer
- Gaedeke Acquires Espirito Santo Plaza In Miami's Financial District
- City of Plano - One Legacy West Groundbreaking Video
- Gaedeke Celebrates One Legacy West Groundbreaking
- Officials Announce Plano Office Building Construction
- Plano breaks ground on One Legacy West high rise
- Groundbreaking this morning for Legacy West office tower
- Gaedeke Group readies to break ground on Legacy West office tower
- Gaedeke Group unveils One Legacy West plans
- Gaedeke Group Unveils Design for 327,856 SF One Legacy West in Metro Dallas
- Dallas' Gaedeke Group to start new office building near Toyota's campus
- Gaedeke Group ready to break ground on West Plano office tower
- Gaedeke Group Plans Office Tower in Legacy West
- Plano’s $2 billion Legacy West project gets another player with office tower plans
- Stearns Weaver Signs Bigger 10-Year Lease in Miami
- Stearns Weaver Miller expands Miami office to 110,000 SF